As cybersecurity seems to be in the media on a daily basis, we thought it would be a good opportunity to share with you some of the safety measures we take here at ClearRock to secure your data and information and most importantly your assets. We would like to highlight a few of the precautions we have implemented into our cybersecurity program.
– Regular employee training– Monthly training for employees updating them on current threats, strengthening employee awareness, controlling data and data access points and unannounced phishing testing.
– Safeguarding your personal information at ClearRock- We only access your personal information through a secured sever environment. The server environment monitors the access point and requires ClearRock employees to use two-factor authentication.
– Movement and transfer of funds– As fraudulent requests to transfer and move money are rapidly increasing we now require all third party move money requests to be verified with a personal phone call. (sorry for this inconvenience)
– Cybersecurity insurance– ClearRock now carries a cybersecurity insurance policy. Should a breach in security occur, as a result of ClearRock, you are covered!
We cannot prevent all threats without your help. Here are some helpful reminders you can implement when accessing your personal accounts.
– Two-factor authentication– When accessing your Schwab account implement two-factor authentication. See Charles Schwab’s Guide to Two-Factor Authentication.
– Wireless Networks– Avoid accessing personal data through unsecure wireless hotspots (airports and coffee houses). Often referred to as Wi-Fi Pineapple.
– Maintain Updated Technology– As new data threats appear daily it is of utmost importance to keep your web browser, operating system, antivirus, and anti-spyware updated, and activate the firewall.
Let us know if you have any questions, as we are happy to discuss our cybersecurity program in more detail.
Please remember that past performance may not be indicative of future results. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that the future performance of any specific investment, investment strategy, or product made reference to directly or indirectly in this newsletter (article), will be profitable, equal any corresponding indicated historical performance level(s), or be suitable for your portfolio. Due to various factors, including changing market conditions, the content may no longer be reflective of current opinions or positions. Moreover, you should not assume that any discussion or information contained in this newsletter serves as the receipt of, or as a substitute for, personalized investment advice from ClearRock Capital, LLC. To the extent that a reader has any questions regarding the applicability of any specific issue discussed above to his/her individual situation, he/she is encouraged to consult with the professional advisor of his/her choosing. A copy of our current written disclosure statement discussing our advisory services and fees is available for review upon request.